The Fashion Retailer: Awarded Top 100 Retail Blog
In March 2017, there was a conference at IESE on Fashion and Luxury Goods where, Patrizio di Marco (Dolce & Gabbana), Alessandro Varisco (TWINSET Simona Barbieri), Giorgio Presca (Golden Goose), Sian Keane (Farfetch), Luca Solca, amongst others, talked about how to manage talent in fashion and luxury companies.
At that moment, I thought about how difficult was to merge the art and science sides of the fashion industry. But not only from a talent perspective, but at a macro-level too. How many companies have silos or conflicts between the product side of the business and retail side? If the product is not selling, who is responsible? Maybe the product is not the right one (bad colour, size, fit…) or stores doesn´t know how to sell it properly. Many variables affect how a product is or isn´t selling in fashion. From designing, to planning the right assortment, identifying the right store cluster, allocating the right quantity, at the right price and display, amongst other issues in supply chain.
That day, I asked a friend about what was the best option to create a blog and recommended me WordPress. Then, I brainstormed until I found the right name “The Fashion Retailer” and domain “fashionretail.blog”. My first post was about Nowness (LVMH Digital video channel) and then, one about the conference at IESE. These are, by far, the worst posts of the blog… Some days later, I had a better idea: to structure the blog in 3 different tabs or topics:
- News: Fashion retail updates from the internet that you should know
- The industry: A Safari through the industry of fashion retail and e-tail
- Interviews: A Few Words with an interesting role in the Fashion Industry
Since then, I wrote about topics such as Fashion Technology (Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, Blockchain, 3D Printing and Internet of Things), the Retail Apocalypse, Deep dives about retail digital revolution, Amazon Fashion, or Customer Experience and interviewed very interesting people from Inditex, Mango, LPP, Brownie or Privalia.
Myself brainstorming 🙂 during the Conference at IESE
After this awesome two years, TFR has been awarded by Feedspot as one of the top 100 blogs to read on the Internet in 2018. It’s been a great pleasure and challenge. I would like to thank all the readers, viewers and followers.
Below you can find some of the most read posts in The Fashion Retailer in 2018:
- Amazon Fashion: The Omnichannel Revolution
- Retail Transformation: the new paradigm
- Curated Stores: best practice in optimized phygital assortment with the use of machine learning (NIKE by Melrose)
- Fashion Technology Ecosystem
- Artificial Intelligence in Fashion
- Fashion and Internet of Things
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Fashion
- Fashion and Blockchain
- Amazon and Walmart Acquisitions strategy
- The Fashion Long Tail
- The Fashion Retail Supply Chain Revolution
- Fast Fashion, the art of liquidity
- Capsule Collections
- Sportswear and Fashion, a sociological approach
- Top triathlon brands for running
- Top triathlon brands for cycling
- Top triathlon brands for swimming
Fashion Retail trends