Top 100 Retail Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2018-21 by Feedspot
The Fashion Retailer | The blog about Fashion Retailing
Mentions & Collaborations
Retail Business News & Insights | +200 Compelling Articles
The Fashion Retailer blog is about news, insights, opinion essays and conversations with leading fashion technology entrepreneurs and executives. It focuses on thoughts about the latest industry and customer trends, on describing different business models (e.g. fast fashion, luxury), key industry players (retailers and etailers) and how companies are facing the digital era.
Why a blog about fashion retail?
Fashion Retail, Fashion and Retailing, apparently two different worlds. We usually differentiate Creativity from Science, Design from Operations. The idea of the blog is understanding both sides of the coin. Yin and Yang.
Retail is moving from flagship to brandship and different store concepts and formats. Fashion retail is not dead, it’s just adapting to the digital era where omnichannel is creating new ecosystems.
The Fashion Retailer
Alfonso Segura, founder of The Fashion Retailer blog. Born in Barcelona in 1984. Millennial, Sociologist and IESE Executive MBA. +15 years of experience in the Retail Industry.
I’m an outdoor sports enthusiast, streetart explorer, sharks fan and passionate about the business of fashion and retail.
Retail Industry + Strategy & Operations Consulting + Technology
I had the opportunity to work in the marketing department at luxury (Ermenegildo Zegna) and mass-market (Mango) fashion retailers. Then, I was an entrepreneur and partner at Normandie (A premium baby clothing brand) where I was in charge of marketing, e-Commerce, operations and retail. Normandie opened shop-in-shops in El Corte Inglés and Harrods (London).
I also worked at Accenture Strategy, from consultant to subject-matter expert (SME) specializing in the retail industry, both in business innovation and strategy & operations. During that period, I have lived in two of the coolest cities in the world, where culture, fashion and art are everywhere. Those are Istanbul (Turkey) and Cape Town (South Africa). I’ve been involved in projects for Electronics, DIY, Foods and Fashion retailers in Europe, Latin America and Africa.
In January 2019, I joined Infor (Tech company) as Retail Principal to contribute in driving digital transformation and Omnichannel in the Retail Industry.
- Strategic Advisor at Brownie (womenswear brand)
- Collaborate with retail companies, investment banks and digital startups globally
- Advising Fashion Masters students worldwide (e.g. Istituto Marangoni, Parsons, IUBH) in Research. Topics include the Future of Retail, Customer Experience and Digital Transformation/ Fashion Tech
- Published Fashion Retail Safari (2019) and Fashion Goes Tech (March 2021)
- Guest writer at Fibre2Fashion
Main areas of expertise:
- Business Strategy
- Merchandise Planning
- Digital Transformation / Omnichannel
- Customer Experience and Customer Journey
- Fashion Retail Trends expert
- Top 100 Retail Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2018-2021 by Feedspot
- “Fashion Retail Safari” book included in “50 Best Retail Books of All Times” by BookAuthority
- Longtunman − “เจ้าของร้าน ZARA จากเด็กยากจนสู่มหาเศรษฐี“
- Apptus − “The Long Tail & the Head: Care for Both“
- Intelligent HQ − “Fashtech AI Blockchain and the $3 Trillion Fashion Industry“
- Senior Essays − “Impact of sustainable and circular fashion on brands”
- Scoop.it – Fashion & Technology by Beeyond
- Chain of Demand − Spotlight with Alfonso Segura, CEO/Founder of The Fashion Retailer
- Fashion Retail Safari by Alfonso Segura, published on Amazon
- Hypebeast − “To Survive, Department Stores Are Taking Cues From Streetwear”
- Seeking Alpha − “Becoming A Conglomerate: Tapestry’s Pains From Integrating Kate Spade“
- Expense Reduction Analysts − “Fashion brands begin trialling circular economy business models”
- Yle – “Vaateteollisuudessa merkittävä määrä kangasta päätyy leikkuujätteeksi kaatopaikalle, mitä asialle voi tehdä? Tässä kolme esimerkkiä“
- The Business Online – How is virtual reality used in the retail sector?
- Digital Trends − “Ford’s 3D knitting tech ensures your seats won’t burst at the seams”
- Medium – How Technology Is Shaping The Future Of The Fashion Industry
- Digital Media Net – “The new dimensions adding to the retail sectors with AR and VR technology”
- Business First – “Is there a place for VR in retail?“
- Entrepreneur Resources – “New Technology Innovating Retail Sectors”
- Business Insider – “LVMH ordered 40 million face masks to help France fight the coronavirus — from Dior to Givenchy, here are 17 of the most iconic brands the conglomerate owns”
- KANTAR Media / Retail Edge Analytix (REA) – Articles
- BookAuthority – 19 Best New Retail eBooks To Read In 2020
- VoCoVo – The Retail Reading List: February 2020
- Saïd Business School, University of Oxford – Mentioned in “Navigating the New Retail Landscape”, by Jonathan Reynolds and Alan Treadgold – Oxford University Press (OUP)
- Grupo Vocento – “La tienda del futuro la llevamos en el bolsillo” – Interview/ Insights published (Grupo Vocento, the leading multimedia communications group in the general press market in Spain)
- London College of Fashion – Fashion and Sustainability: Understanding Luxury Fashion in a Changing World
- Quora – What are the best blogs for online fashion retailers in the US?
- FashionABC – “AI And Blockchain And The $3 Trillion Fashion Industry – Challenges and Opportunities“
- eCommerce CEO – “How To Start A Clothing Line Business Online”
- Tinuiti – “The 7 Biggest CPG Industry Trends & Tactics For Brands In 2020”
- BookAuthority – Best Retail Books of All Time
- RetailFuse – Artificial Intelligence and personal preference in the Fashion Industry
- Web Marketing Bologna – Realtà aumentata e virtuale (AR/VR) e impatto economico nel settore della moda
- Makers Valley – Made-to-Order Fashion Tackles the Industry’s Biggest Sustainability Issue
- FirstAlign – 5 Ways Artificial Intelligence is used in the Fashion Industry
- The Iconoclast – Can Family-Owned Brands Resist Luxury Industry Consolidation
- Design Inc – How Technology Is Shaping The Future Of The Fashion Industry
- Rise 360 – Technology Case Studies 2020
- Academia Moda Sostenible – Colecciones Cápsula
- University of the Arts London – Workflow
- Xreport (Russian Magazine) – The FashTech Ecosystem
- Truth About Fur – As Brands Drop Exotic Skins, Will Conglomerates Fight Back?
- Top Webinars – United Colors of Benetton: Embracing Online Millennial Shoppers
- [Guest Writer] Fibre2Fashion – A brand’s perspective on sourcing and supply chain strategy in facing covid-19 challenges.
ALFONSO SEGURA | ALFONSO@FASHIONRETAIL.BLOG
Thanks for visiting my blog about fashion retail and hope you can learn something from it!
The Fashion Retailer. The Blog about Fashion Industry News, Insights and Conversations with Fashion Tech Leaders