Top 100 Retail Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2020 by Feedspot
The Fashion Retailer | The blog about Fashion Retailing
Mentions & Collaborations
More than 100 posts about the Fashion Retail Industry
The Fashion Retailer blog is about news, insights, opinion essays and interviews specializing in the Fashion Retail industry. It focuses on thoughts about the latest industry and customer trends, on describing different business models (e.g. fast fashion, luxury), key industry players (retailers and etailers) and how companies are facing the technological era.
Why a blog about fashion retail?
Fashion and retail seems to be two different worlds. We usually differentiate Science from Art, operations from design. Two opposite profiles or skills, like ying and yang. The idea of the blog is understanding both sides of the coin.
Retail is moving from flagship to brandship and different store concepts. Fashion retail is not dead, it´s just adapting to the digital era where omnichannel will create new ecosystems.
Who I am
Alfonso Segura, born & raised in Barcelona, Millennial, sociologist, entrepreneur, Fashion & Retail expert and IESE Executive MBA.
I´m an outdoor sports enthusiast, streetart explorer, sharks fan, and passionate about the business of fashion and retail.
I had the opportunity to work for luxury (Ermenegildo Zegna) and mass-market (Mango) fashion retailers during +5 years. I was an entrepreneur and partner at Norm&Di (baby clothing retailer) where I was in charge of Marketing, e-Commerce and Operations. Norm&Di has stores in El Corte Inglés and Harrods (London).
Muizenberg, Cape Town
Then, I worked 5 years at Accenture Strategy, from analyst to subject-matter expert (SME) specializing in the Retail industry, both in business innovation and strategy & operations. During that period, I have lived in two of the coolest cities in the world, where culture, fashion and art are everywhere. Those are Istanbul (Turkey) and Cape Town (South Africa). Meanwhile, I´ve been involved in projects for electronics, foods and fashion retailers in Europe, Latin America and Africa.
I recently joined Infor (technology Company) CloudSuite Fashion to contribute in driving digital transformation and Omnichannel in the Fashion Retail Industry as Subject-Matter Expert.
I´m also advisor at Brownie, part-time consultant specializing in Business Strategy, Integrated Planning and Omnichannel, speaker and writer.
- Business Strategy
- Merchandise Planning
- Digital Transformation/ Omnichannel
- Customer Experience and Customer Journey
- Fashion Retail Trends expert
December 2019: Proud to announce my first publication: FASHION RETAIL SAFARI, a personally curated selection on industry trends, insights and conversations with KOL that have been posted during 2019 on The Fashion Retail Blog. Read it on Amazon kindle or paperback version. Also available on Walmart.com, books.com, thriftbooks.com, iberlibro.com and others.
Awards & Mentions:
- Top 100 Retail Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2018,2019, 2020 by Feedspot
- Mentioned in “The Long Tail & the Head: Care for Both” – Apptus (June 2018)
- Mentioned in “Fashtech AI Blockchain and the $3 Trillion Fashion Industry” – Intelligent HQ
- Mentioned in “Impact of sustainable and circular fashion on brands” – Senior Essays
- Spotlight with Alfonso Segura, CEO/Founder of The Fashion Retailer – Insights/ Interview published by Chain of Demand (Nov 2019)
- Fashion Retail Safari by Alfonso Segura, published on Amazon (Dec 2019)
- Mentioned in “To Survive, Department Stores Are Taking Cues From Streetwear” – Hypebeast (Jul 2019)
- Mentioned in “Becoming A Conglomerate: Tapestry’s Pains From Integrating Kate Spade” – Seeking Alpha (Nov 2019)
- Mentioned in “Fashion brands begin trialling circular economy business models” – Expense Reduction Analysts
- Mentioned in “Ford’s 3D knitting tech ensures your seats won’t burst at the seams” – Digital Trends (Nov 2019)
- Mentioned in “The new dimensions adding to the retail sectors with AR and VR technology” – Digital Media Net (Jan 2020)
- Mentioned in “New Technology Innovating Retail Sectors” – Entrepreneur Resources (Jan 2020)
- Mentioned in “LVMH ordered 40 million face masks to help France fight the coronavirus —from Dior to Givenchy, here are 17 of the most iconic brands the conglomerate owns” – Business Insider (Feb 2020)
- Articles included on Retail Edge Analytix (REA) website
- Mentioned by Kantar Media
- 19 Best New Retail eBooks To Read In 2020 by BookAuthority (2020)
- The Retail Reading List: February 2020 – VoCoVo (2020)
- Mentioned in “Navigating the New Retail Landscape”, by Jonathan Reynolds and Alan Treadgold – Oxford University Press (OUP) in 2020
- “La tienda del futuro la llevamos en el bolsillo” – Interview/ Insights published on Grupo Vocento, the leading multimedia communications group in the general press market in Spain (Mar 2020)
- What are the best blogs for online fashion retailers in the US? – Quora (Jan 2020)
- Mentioned in “AI And Blockchain And The $3 Trillion Fashion Industry – Challenges and Opportunities” – fashionabc (Mar 2020)
- Mentioned in “How To Start A Clothing Line Business Online” – eCommerce CEO (Mar 2020)
- Mentioned in “The 7 Biggest CPG Industry Trends & Tactics For Brands In 2020” – Tinuiti (Apr 2020)
- Best Retail Books of All Time – BookAuthority (2020)
Insights used by University and Masters students worldwide (e.g. University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, Manchester,etc) as well for researchs and theses.
Thanks for visiting my blog about fashion retail and hope you can learn something from it!
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com
The Fashion Retailer | The blog about fashion industry news, trends, deep dives and interviews